You can train as hard or as heavy as you want – if you’re not eating enough (or the right foods) or recovering properly, you’re not going to grow.
One of the biggest questions that comes up regarding muscle building diets is “do I need carbs”. The short answer? Yes. The long answer? Yes, but there are a few key factors to consider.
Check out today’s post to clear things up a bit.
- Nutrition (including food and supplements) is crucial to muscle growth and recovery.
- Carbs are a good way to gain weight fast, just be mindful of how much per day.
- Carbs play a crucial role in performance in the gym, gaining muscle, and gaining strength (especially if you’re new to lifting weights), but you need to figure out 3 main factors before you dive into any nutrition program:
- Amount – How many carbs do you need?
- Quality – What are the sources? (Watch the sugar and refined carbs.)
- Timing – What parts of the day do you eat your carbs?
- Figure out how you’re going to structure them in your day.
- Front Loading – eating the majority of your carbs in the morning and around your workout.
- Evenly Spaced – divide your total number of carbs by your meals/day
- Staggered – Higher carbs on weight training days, lower carbs on off days/conditioning days
Get FREE Daily Nutrition, Training, and Supplement Hacks
Be sure to subscribe to Jersey Beast TV and I’ll send you quick, useful tips just like this one each and every day that you can use in the gym so you can build MORE Muscle, burn MORE fat, and get STRONGER. Enter your email below!
We value your privacy and would never spam you