You have your training program dialed in, but you need that extra something. Energy. Pump, Mental clarity. Enter pre-workout powder.
In addition to the top 4 supplements every guy should use, pre-workout powders have gained some traction in the last 10 years, and you want to know what all the hype is about.
You start looking into pre-workout powder supplements. Something that will help get you those few extra reps or add another 5 lbs to the bar.
You have some time so you drive over to your local vitamin store in the mall, speak to a kid with the chinstrap beard who looks like he does some sort of cross training that rhymes with ‘Boss Fit’ and he tells you to buy this ‘super, ultra mega, pump 250 oxy max pump’ pre-workout powder where, if you take more than one scoop, your heart may blow up, grow a mouth, and then eat itself.
Of course, you pick it up…because after all, ‘Chinstrap’ wouldn’t steer you wrong, would he? He’s the expert. I mean it’s not like he makes commission from selling shitty products, right?
[He does make commission from selling shitty products. Need proof? Go back next month after you run out of the the best pre-workout on the market. He will sell you a completely different product, even when the first one you bough is still on the shelf. Suddenly there is a ‘new’ best product – or at the very least a product company that gives the best commission.]
How does the ‘super, ultra mega, pump 250 oxy max pump’ treat you? You take the first scoop about 30 minutes before your workout. You feel a rush of energy prepping for your next brutal arm workout. Ready to rip the doors off the gym.
You start blasting through the weights, crushing every set. You get about 20 minutes in…and CRASH.
You feel like curling up in a ball in the corner and taking a nap. All of a sudden the energy that was going to help carry you through your workout, crush the workout finisher, and punch the front desk guy for asking you if you wanted a post-workout shake wore off.
But what happened? I’ll tell you.
You listened to ‘Charlie Chinstrap’ at that mall vitamin store and instead of helping you find a pre-workout product based on results and researched ingredients, he sold you a powder that had enough caffeine to kill an elephant, trace amounts of the other supposedly active ingredients, and possibly had borderline illegal stimulants in it.
You crashed and burned. Sucks, doesn’t it?
So what do you do?
You have 2 options.
 Go back and have him sell you on the next ‘hot’ supplement of the month (with the highest commission), that might cause you to fail a drug test and completely crush your adrenals
 Find a pre-workout product that is based upon researched ingredients that is not only healthy, but will help you PR on your lifts without having you feel like you need a nap halfway through your session. [NOTE: I hit both a 500 lb squat and a 500 lb dead lift at 180 lbs. while using ID Life’s Pre-Workout powder before training and Hydrate during training…not saying it’s the reason why, but I did feel great WHILE working out during these sessions.]
Whatever you choose is 100% up to you.
What makes ID Life’s Pre-Workout formula better?
- It gives you the EXACT amount of every single ingredient. Many supplement brands tell you what’s in their products, but hide the amounts behind a proprietary blend claiming they’re only doing so to protect their secret formula. Wrong. This means they tell you the total amount of all ingredients, but not the specific amounts in each individual ingredient by itself. This is a problem because you may be taking in more of the inactive ingredients, and less of the ones that work.
- There are no ‘new’ or ‘up and coming’ ingredients. You only get ones that have been around for years and that help boost performance, hydration, and strength. This includes amino acids, branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), vitamins, minerals, and enzymes (and natural sweeteners). There’s nothing that is borderline questionable or that you can’t pronounce.
- No marketing hype. I always say, the more hype, the shittier the product. If a company has to scream why their product is the best or have unrealistic people (like professional bodybuilders) push their products as if its the ONLY thing they take to boost muscle growth or strength, then they are trying to make up for something (like a crappy product). Stick with a product with clean marketing, that doesn’t over-promise. Remember supplements only aid in getting you where you want to be. They are not a replacement for sound nutrition or intense training.
Next time your depending on a pre-workout powder to take your workout to the next level, take a step back and re-evaluate your program, your goals, recovery time, nutrition, and sleep patterns…then and ONLY THEN should you find a solid pre-workout supplement to aid in bringing your workout to a new level.
[NOTE:] If you want 30% your first order of ID Life Pre-Workout (or any of their other products)…
- Friend me on Facebook => https://www.facebook.com/JerseyBeast
- PM me with the word PREWORKOUT
- I’ll respond (as soon as I can) with your private, 30% off coupon code
Get FREE Daily Nutrition, Training, and Life Hacks
Be sure to subscribe to Jersey Beast TV and I’ll send you quick, useful tips just like this one each and every day that you can use in the gym so you can build MORE Muscle, burn MORE fat, and get STRONGER. Enter your email below!
We value your privacy and would never spam you